Thank you for considering Onion River Press to publish your work!
We are a small, locally-owned, independent, print-on-demand publisher based out of Phoenix Books in Vermont. With a focus on exemplary customer service, we will guide you through the processes needed to self-publish your work. We offer a wide range of competitively-priced packages, from the most basic to an exciting launch package including event publicity. If you are looking for additional editorial and/or design help, we have a team of experienced professionals ready to assist you.
We will work with you to print the book that you want, be it a hardcover full-color picture book or a paperback novel. Once the final proof meets your standards, you decide how many you want to print. If you need more copies at a later date, you pay only for the number of copies you need reprinted.
WHY CHOOSE ONION RIVER PRESS?
- Our mission is to provide local authors with a higher quality, author-guided alternative to other self-publishing platforms.
- We strive to offer an experience where authors are working face-to-face with a human, not via emails, online chats or 1-800 numbers.
- We connect authors to publishing professionals for any and all needs, from a full conceptual edit to help with book design.
- Onion River Press offers the option of distribution with five Phoenix Books locations.
- Onion River Press staff is available to the author for any question or idea they have.
- Onion River Press is owned and operated by Phoenix Books, a Vermont-owned bookstore company with locations in Burlington, Chester, Essex, Rutland, and Yankee Bookshop in Woodstock.
With Onion RIver Press you can choose from a variety of packages to fit your budget.
All Onion River Press Packages include:
- Onion River Press staff availability via phone during Phoenix Books business hours or via email.
- Choice of book format: paperback or hardcover.
- Choice of binding: perfect or saddle, depending on the length of your book.
- Cover and back cover: full-color printing is standard, matte or laminated finish. Book jackets are available for specific book trims.
- Choice of interiors: black and white or full color.
- Choice of book trim size: we will review standard trim sizes with you, but other choices are also available.
- Product pricing consult.
- The author keeps all of the post-production profits, no hassles with royalties,
Basic Book Package $250:
- One half-hour informational meeting. Additional time is billed at $40/hour.
- Submission Review: Onion River Press will check final PDF files for correct formatting.
- ISBN and barcode.
- Production set-up with IngramSpark.
- Electronic proof of both the interior and the cover.
Phoenix Books Package $300:
All the Basic Book Package services, plus:
- Phoenix Books will purchase 10 copies direct from the author for placement in each Phoenix Books location.
- Online placement at www.phoenixbooks.biz.
Phoenix Books Launch Package $500:
All the services outlined in the Basic & Phoenix Books Packages, plus:
- An in-store launch event, including event publicity via a press release and calendar submission; posts on the Phoenix Books website, Facebook, and Twitter pages; and listing in the Phoenix Books monthly e-newsletter.
Personal Package $150:
All the services of the Basic Book Package, but no ISBN or barcode. This is the package for families looking to share recipes, stories, or great grandpa’s anecdotes, all with no intention to sell. This is also an option for schools or organizations looking to print a class collection of stories or essays.
COST OF PRINTING
Each project is different, therefore, there is no set printing fee for all books. Please feel free to contact us with information about your book and we will provide you with an estimate for printing and shipping the book to your home.
Printing fees are due in full when the order is placed by Onion River Press to the printer.
For all package options: Package fees are due at signing of contract. Package costs do not include the price of printing and shipping the title.
Printed Proof $50: An option to approve a print copy of the book before releasing for distribution.
Promote with Ingram Advance $100: Ingram will publish the cover and a short description of the book in their monthly catalog Advance.
Library of Congress PCN Data $25: This data enables your book to be in the Library of Congress, and allows your book to be linked to any record which the Library of Congress, other libraries, bibliographic utilities, or book vendors may create.
Cataloging-in-Publication Data $100: CIP data facilitates book processing for libraries and book dealers. It is placed on the copyright page.
INTERESTED IN AN eBOOK PACKAGE?
Add an eBook to the package of your choice for $40
- Author supplies ePub file
- Includes additional ISBN
Ebook only for $200
- Includes ISBN
- Author supplies ePub file
Didn’t know you wanted an ebook until after you’d printed? Existing files can be converted at the printer for 75¢ per page.
A LA CARTE OPTIONS
Editorial & Design Services: Editorial and design service ratesrange from $20-$50/hour. If you believe that you might benefit from editorial assistance of any kind, please let us connect you with a
professional who can assist you in making your work the best it can be.
- Manuscript Evaluation
- Editorial/Content Evaluation
- Copy Editing
- Line Editing/Proof Check
- Design: Cover/Interior
- File format conversion to PDF: $30 not including proof checking.
- ePub file conversion for eBook publication quotes available upon request.
- Text scanning for manuscripts not on a computer: custom quote depending on type of book, does not including proof checking.
- Image Scanning: $5.00/image
Are you ready to get started? Give us a call or send us an email to set up a time to meet with the Onion River Press staff:
We look forward to hearing from you!
Onion RIver Press
191 Bank Street
Burlington VT 05401
Publisher: Michael DeSanto, Owner of Phoenix Books
Managing Publisher: Tod Gross
Publishing Manager: Rachel Fisher