Join Peter Shea for a talk on his new book, The New Atlas of Vermont Trout Ponds!
ABOUT THE BOOK: The NEW Atlas of Vermont Trout Pond: A GPS-Compatible Guide includes:
- Six regional maps, providing comprehensive statewide coverage
- Coverage of more than 100 lakes and ponds
- Stocking information based on five-year analysis
- Wild trout populations of brookies, rainbows, browns, lakers, and salmon… and bass
- GPS coordinates to boat accesses, trailheads, routes and parking
- Boat access descriptions – from car-top carries to ramps for large boats
- Environmental evaluations, including invasive species and water clarity
- Physical parameters – acreages, elevations, maximum depths
- On-site boat rentals, “restroom” availability, state parks, hiking information, other amenities
- For anglers with mobility impairment, locations of wheelchair-accessible fishing platforms and docks
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Angling geographer Peter Shea, has chased trout with a fly for more than fifty years. He was a founding partner of Northern Cartographic, Inc. where he co-authored two local fishing classics (The Atlas of Vermont Trout Ponds and Vermont Trout Streams,) as well as sharing national recognition for their large-print volume Access America: An Atlas and Guide to the National Parks for Visitors with Disabilities. Among other awards, the latter was selected as a “Best Reference” by the American Library Association’s Booklist in 1990. During a twenty-year career at Vermont PBS, his own books were published by New England Press, as well as Headwater Books. Establishing Wind Knot Publishing in 2013, he has authored five books under this imprint: Vermont Trout Ponds: A Personal Selection, Commentary, and True Stories; Long Trail Trout: Backcountry Fly Fishing Adventures from Vermont to Montana, and Beyond; Vermont’s Trophy Trout Waters: An Atlas and Guide; Collateral Trout: A Vermonter’s Angling Memoirs and Fishy Tales; and his latest release, The NEW Atlas of Vermont Trout Ponds: A GPS-Compatible Guidebook. He lives with his wife, Carol, in Burlington.
DATE: Wednesday, May 16th at 7pm
LOCATION: Phoenix Books Essex
ADMISSION: Free and open to all.