- About Us
- Stay Connected
- My Account
Local Authors' Programs
Sell Your Books at Phoenix
There are lots of new options for publishing these days, and many local authors are publishing with companies that we don’t have a regular business relationship with. If this describes you, we invite you to sign up for our consignment program. Please bring up to six copies of your book in to Phoenix Books Burlington, and one of our booksellers can help you get that book on the shelf at both of our locations. This program has no up-front fee, but Phoenix Books does take 40% of the retail price. There is some paperwork involved with this program. Please print it, fill it out, and bring it with you when you come to Phoenix Books Burlington to register your books:
An Event at Phoenix
Would you like to have an event hosted at Phoenix Books Essex or Burlington? For $150, Phoenix Books will not only host your event, but publicize it as well. This fee includes:
- Display of your book in a prominent location, in the store, with multiple copies.
- Posters around the store and on the display announcing the event
- An e-mail blast to all our e-newsletter mailing list
- A Twitter announcement
- A Facebook posting
- An event page on our website
- Announcements of the event to all our regular media contacts
- A listing in our monthly e-newsletter
- A .pdf of the poster for you to send to your email list and to post around town
- Set up for an in-store event
- Staff support for the event
- Sales of the book
- Retention of three "autographed copies" after the event.
Please note: While we will make these publicity efforts and endeavor to make your event a successful one, we can in no way guarantee an audience for your event. In fact, we find events do best when an author reaches out to his or her own contacts, and we strongly encourage you to do so.
To Apply: If you would like to apply for a Local Authors' Program event, please email the following materials to Colleen at Phoenix Books Essex (email@example.com) or Tod at Phoenix Books Burlington (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A short summary of the book, along with the publisher name, ISBN, retail price, and date of publication
- A short (1-3 sentence) author bio
- A high def book cover image (optional but highly recommended - must be a .jpg file)
- A high def author photo (optional but highly recommended - must be a .jpg file)
- Some dates/times when you would be available to meet with Colleen or Tod to talk about the Local Authors' Program, or a phone number where Colleen or Tod can contact you to set up an appointment.
The Small Print
The fee for our events program must be paid in advance, cash or check accepted. Your event will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date. We recommend contacting us at least two full months before your preferred event date. We cannot hold a specific date for you until we've received payment. We reserve the right to adjust the schedule due to the needs of the store up to three weeks before the event or up to the day announcements are made. We reserve the right to refuse events.