- About Us
- Stay Connected
- My Account
Find Waldo in Burlington!
Where's Waldo? In Burlington, of course. He's turning twenty-five this year, and to celebrate, the famous fellow in the striped shirt and black-rimmed specs is visiting twenty different local businesses all through the month of July. Those who spot him can win prizes, including buttons, books, and more. From Phoenix Books Burlington at 191 Bank Street to Outdoor Gear Exchange at 37 Church Street, from Global Pathways at 126 Church Street to Homeport at 52 Church Street, Waldo figures are showing up in public areas of local establishments. Anyone who wishes to participate can pick up a “Find Waldo in Burlington!” search list with the names of all the businesses, and collect an "I Found Waldo at ___________" card for each Waldo they spot. Collecting cards in sixteen or more businesses and turning them in at Phoenix Books Burlington will win a Waldo button and an entry for other, larger prizes to be drawn at a Waldo party on July 31. The Grand Prize is a complete six-volume set of Waldo books. People who prefer a shorter version of the hunt can collect the cards from eight businesses and pick up a Waldo button at Phoenix Books Burlington.
Here's the complete list of businesses taking part!
- Kiss the Cook 72 Church Street Burlington
- Vermont Butcher Block 63 Church Street, Burlington
- Catamount Store 46 Church Street, Burlington
- Vermont Violins 23 Church Street Burlington
- Outdoor Gear Exchange 37 Church St Burlington
- Burlington Records 170 Bank Street, Burlington
- Tradewinds 110 Church Street, Burlington
- Lippa's Jewelry 112 Church Street, Burlington
- Boutiliers 194 College Street, Burlington
- Isabean 206 College Street, Burlington
- Danforth Pewter 111 Church Street Burlington
- Optical Center 107 Church Street Burlington
- Uncommon Grounds 42 Church Street Burlington
- Apple Mountain 30 Church Street Burlington
- Homeport 52 Church Street Burlington
- Sweet Thing 101 Church Street, Burlington
- Global Pathways 126 Church Street, Burlington
- Jim's Sports Burlington Town Center Mall, 49 Church Street, Burlington
- Zinnia 57 Church Street, Burlington
- ...and, of course, Phoenix Books Burlington!
Waldo is the creation of Martin Handford, whose entertaining drawings of crowd scenes swept the world in 1987. Since then, the Where’s Waldo books have held a cherished spot on bookstore shelves the world over. There are now over 55 million Waldo books in print worldwide and they’ve been translated into eighteen languages. An entire generation has grown up searching for Waldo and his cast of wandering companions.
In celebration of Waldo's longevity and popularity, his American publisher, Candlewick Press, is teaming up with the American Booksellers Association and 250 independent bookstores all across the country, including Phoenix Books here in Burlington, to have fun and encourage people to visit local businesses. There is no charge to participate, and the game lasts for the entire month of July. For more information about hunting for Waldo in Burlington, call Phoenix Books at 802-448-3350.
By the way, Phoenix Books Essex is doing a Where's Waldo hunt of its own! Find out more on our upcoming events page.
- 191 Bank Street
- Burlington ,
- Postal Code:
- United States